Featuring: Dr Annis Cohen
The London Hearing Voices Network (LHVN) will be holding the sixth London-wide networking event for group facilitators (past and present), LHVN trainees, and group members who are interested in getting more involved in the network. Colleagues from Voice Collective, the London Hearing Voices Prisons project and the Paranoia Groups are also invited to attend.
This event provides an opportunity to meet other facilitators throughout London, link up with other groups, and share good practice around setting up and sustaining Hearing Voices Groups. Items for discussion include:
- Featured presentation: by Dr. Annis Cohen: ‘CBT and
Hearing Voices’. Annis is a clinincal psychologist working for
SLaM in the London Borough of Southwark. She is co-facilitator for the Lambeth
& Southwark Mind Hearing Voices Group, which she helped set up in 2010
together with voice-hearers from Lambeth & Southwark Mind. A passionate
advocate of the Hearing Voices approach, she hopes to encourage
discussion and debate at the meeting, founded on an understanding that CBT
practitioners and voice hearers can both learn from each other.
- Project News (e.g. LHVN’S sister project, the Paranoia & Beliefs Project is
rapidly expanding with 10 groups now running across the capital)
- Network news (feel free to bring any news items you’d like to share with the network)
- Successes and challenges (feedback from groups around things that have worked well, and things that are difficult – a chance for you to share experiences)
- Problem-solving (a chance to think through common issues that would benefit from deeper thought. This may include anything from keeping hearing voices groups funded and secure in the current climate, to creating a group that encourages people to take ownership of it.)
- Networking: Plenty of time to socialise and network with other members of LHVN.
The meeting will take place on 5 November 2013, 1.30pm – 4.30pm, at Mind in Camden Crossfields Centre, 8 Fairhazel Gdns, London, NW6 3SG. As space is limited, please book your place in advance by emailing John Wetherell or calling LHVN on 020 7625 9042 option 3. Be sure to include your name, the group you are attached to (if relevant) and the names of any group members who would like to attend.
For help finding the venue, please see this map.