Are you a young person or parent or carer of a young person who hears voices or sees things that other people don’t? If so, then you might be interested in the following workshops from Voice Collective.
This film-making workshop offers the opportunity to create a number of short, 30 second to 1 minute ‘adverts’. You will learn how to develop your ideas using a storyboard, direct filming, and take part in sound recording and editing. At the end of the workshop, you will be able to take home your own DVD of what you have created.
There will also be a support workshop for parents and carers running at the same time in a different room. This workshop will enable you to:
* Learn more about voices and visions and discuss helpful coping strategies
* Share experiences
* Meet the Voice Collective team and find out more about the support that is available for you and your child.
‘MAKING SENSE OF VOICES’
Level 3 Training Workshop
Thursday 12 December 2013
81 Southwark Bridge Road
(Southwark/Borough or Waterloo Tube/Rail)
This workshop builds on the principles explored in the Level 2 ‘Supporting Children & Young People who Hear Voices’ workshop run by Voice Collective.
Using examples drawn from attendees’ prior experience of working with young voice-hearers, the workshop explores the following topics:
- Developing trust and therapeutic relationships with young people who may not trust easily
- Understanding ‘taboo voices’ (voices that talk about things the young person – and society – find very difficult, including violence & sexuality)
- Finding safe ways of talking about voices and visions with young people in distress
- Mapping the different, and often conflicting, perspectives on a young person’s experiences
- Working with alternative belief systems (e.g. cultural or spiritual perspectives)
- Applying this learning withing the workplace
Please note that this workshop is open only to those who have attended Level 2 or the Voice Collective Group Facilitation Training and currently work with young people who hear voices or see things that other people don’t.
For more information about this workshop and to reserve a place, please click here.