Featuring: Jim Taylor
The London Hearing Voices Network (LHVN) will be holding the third London-wide networking event for group facilitators (past and present), LHVN trainees, and group members who are interested in getting more involved in the network. Colleagues from Voice Collective, the London Hearing Voices Prisons project and the Paranoia Groups are also invited to attend.
This event provides an opportunity to meet other facilitators throughout London, link up with other groups, and share good practice around setting up and sustaining Hearing Voices Groups. Items for discussion include:
- Project News (including the development of the prison project – LVHN are looking for experienced voice-hearer facilitators interested in volunteering to help with these groups)
- Network news (feel free to bring any news items you’d like to share with the network)
- Successes and challenges (feedback from groups around things that have worked well, and things that are difficult. A chance for you to share experiences)
- Problem-solving (a chance to think through common issues that would benefit from deeper thought. This may include anything from keeping hearing voices groups funded and secure in the current climate, to creating a group that encourages people to take ownership of it)
- Featured presentation: Jim Taylor is an experienced facilitator who is also involved in the running of the Spiritual Crisis Network, and brings to bearlived experience of
voices and an active interest in Buddhism. He will talk about voices from the
perspective of spirituality, highlighting the frequent overlaps that are found
between spiritual experience and what is termed psychosis.
- Networking: Plenty of time to socialise and network with other members of LHVN.
The meeting will take place on 16th April 2013, 1.30pm – 4.30pm, at Mind in Camden Crossfields Centre, 8 Fairhazel Gdns, London, NW6 3SG. As space is limited, please book your place in advance by emailing John Wetherell or calling LHVN on 020 7625 9042 option 3. Be sure to include your name, the group you are attached to (if relevant) and the names of any group members who would like to attend.
For help finding the venue, please see this map.